Things to do in Cleveland
Plan your trip ahead of time with our guide of things to do in Cleveland. Aloft Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located near sports and music venues. We're also central to great shopping, museums, and other local attractions.
- Flats East Bank (hotel complex) - Check out the electric feel of the Flats East Bank. Find a combination of dining and entertainment options you won’t find anywhere else.
- Horseshoe Casino (0.3 miles) - Try your luck at Horseshoe Casino. Open 24 hours a day, the casino features live performances, restaurants, and games.
- Quicken Loans Arena (0.8 miles) - Cheer on the home team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, or enjoy a live concert at the multi-purpose arena.
- Cleveland Browns Stadium (First Energy)(0.9 miles) - Watch the Browns play within walking distance of the Aloft at the First Energy Stadium. The stadium is also used for other sporting events and concerts.
- Progressive Field (1.1 miles) - Play ball! Root on the Indians and enjoy America's favorite pastime with peanuts and hot dogs.
- PlayhouseSquare (1.4 miles) - Catch a show at the country’s largest performing arts center outside of New York. PlayhouseSquare presents an extensive mix of high quality performing arts events and performing arts workshops.
- Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall (5.3 miles) - Explore one of the most beautiful concert halls and Cleveland landmark. The venue is used by The Cleveland Orchestra, other performances, meetings and gala events.
- House of Blues (1.0 miles) - Enjoy all genres of live music from heavy metal to HOB's world-famous Sunday Gospel Brunch, all just a short walk from our hotel.
- Arcade Mall (0.9 miles) - Shop at the internationally known and first large-scale indoor shopping mall in the United States. Discover a variety of unique gift shops, services, clothing boutiques, food court and fine dining.
- West Side Market (1.5 miles) - Shop 'til you drop at the oldest indoor/outdoor market in Cleveland, which includes 100 vendors with broad ethnic diversity.
- Tower City Center (0.7 miles) - Along with hosting over 75 shops and restaurants, Tower City Center connects to a casino, four rapid transit lines, and the landmark Terminal Tower.
- USS Cod Submarine Memorial (1.3 miles) - During the summer months, visit the landmark USS Cod Submarine Memorial.
- Cleveland Story House (2.9 miles) - Relive a Christmas Story at Ralphie’s house. The house is restored to its movie splendor, which features props and memorabilia from the film.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo (4.7 miles) - Connect with animals in a botanical garden. The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is home to the largest collection of primate species in North America with 3,000 animals.
- University Circle (5.5 miles) - Just outside downtown Cleveland, University Circle is Ohio's most spectacular square mile featuring a premier urban district with education, health care, arts, religious and social institutions.
- Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland (1.0 miles) - Located in the heart of Downtown Cleveland, this facility is home to just under 400,00 total square feet of prime meeting space.
- Cleveland State University (2.1 miles) - Established in 1964 and home of the Vikings this urban campus is the largest footprint in all of Downtown Cleveland.
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (6.8 miles) - This major non-profit medical complex is an affiliate hospital with Case Western Reserve University and has over 150 locations throughout northeast Ohio.
- Cleveland Clinic (6.2 miles) - The Cleveland Clinic is nationally ranked in both adult and pediatric specialties and located just a few miles east of our hotel.
- Case Western Reserve University (6.6 miles) - This private doctorate-granting university was created in 1967 with the combining of Case Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum (1.1 miles) - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum is a must-see for all rock fans to learn about music legends. The world-class museum collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets the art of rock and roll.
- Cleveland Art Museum (5.5 miles) - Engage with great art at one of the world’s most distinguished comprehensive art museums in northeastern Ohio.
- Museum of Natural History (5.6 miles) - Explore your passion for science, natural diversity, and nature. The exhibits include the 3 million-year-old human ancestor Australopithecus afarensis, known as “Lucy”.
- Great Lakes Science Center (1.3 miles) - Stay curious and check out all the with exciting on-hands exhibits the Great Lakes Science Center has to offer including the NASA Glenn Visitor Center.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden (5.5 miles) - Stroll through the vibrant plant paradise with 10 acres of outdoor gardens and an 18,000 square-foot glasshouse.
- Emerald Necklace (6.0 miles) - Take an adventure on one of the longer trail networks in the state. The Necklace is 61 miles across and offshoots to the Big Creek Reservation.